The role of the Web Front/Backend Developer is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. This role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications.
- Write standards-compliant code as per requirements of the project throughout the entire project life cycle
- Test, debug, and build code that works across multiple browsers and digital platforms
- Working closely with project manager to deliver project requirements and deadlines
- Ensure that standards and processes are being adhered to. Identify standards processes that can be improved to the benefit of the project or the department, or that should otherwise be revisited
- Creatively find solutions to engineering challenges
- Work closely with web and mobile designers and translate their designs into websites, apps, and interactive experiences
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
- Document all work to departmental and company standards (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Use company project management and other software (Jira, Safe, etc) appropriately per company best practices
- Reviewing projects post-mortem for process refinements for future estimating
- Promoting a project culture that encourages continuous learning and growth, while maintaining a high regard for quality
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency and/or expertise in PHP, NodeJS, MySQL, Postgres and other relevant coding languages (Backend)
- Understanding the underlying systems on which web applications are developed
Skills and Characteristics
- Solid communication (written and verbal), presentation, and listening skills.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including clients.
- Collaborating on designing web applications in such a way as future enhancements would be easily accommodated.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Intelligent, creative problem solving.
- Desire to learn and improve existing technical skills.
- A passion for technology in general
If interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://domandtom.applytojob.com/apply/DkIPjuzffs/M...